COVID-19 Information and Resources
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently encouraged eligible providers to apply for the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) Act Provider Relief Fund, which was expected to distribute $15 billion to eligible providers. On July 17, HHS announced that it will begin distributing an additional $10 billion in a second round of high impact COVID-19 area funding to hospitals. Additionally, HHS announced that it is extending the Medicaid and CHIP Provider Relief Fund distribution provider application deadline to apply to August 3, 2020.
In June, HHS announced the opening of the application period, as well as plans to distribute approximately $15 billion to eligible providers that participate in state Medicaid and CHIP programs but had not yet received a payment from the $50 billion general distribution.
HHS has hosted a number of webinars targeted at providers and provider organizations to answer questions and assist those eligible through the application process. For more information about the application process, please review the Provider Relief Fund: Medicaid and CHIP Provider Distribution (https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/provider-relief-fund-medicaid-chip-factsheet.pdf).
- Cures Act EVV
- Texas Disability Service Survey 2019: Take by September 30
HHSC is gathering feedback from people with disabilities, their families and caregivers, providers, and service agencies and organization about the way services and supports are provided to people with disabilities in Texas. This information will be used to assist in developing long term plans and improve services. Provide feedback through this survey by Sept. 30 and share with providers, staff, and clients to take it as well. Survey answers are anonymous.
Take Survey Now
- Tobacco Use Cessation Services Provided in a Group Setting
- Delegated Psychological Services
- IMPORTANT: LTSS Atypical Provider Identifier (API) Reenrollment – Deadline July 1, 2018
- Ordering, Referring and Prescribing Providers FAQ
- Therapy Policy Changes FAQ – Effective September 1, 2017
- Medicaid Breast and Cervical Cancer (MBCC) – Effective September 1, 2017
- TMHP PROVIDER DIS-ENROLLMENT: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Deadline has Passed and Dis-enrollment from Texas Medicaid will occur January 31, 2017. Learn More
- Nursing Facility Services Transitioning to STAR+PLUS: Common Reasons for Denials and Rejections of Managed Care Claims
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission Nursing Facility Unit Rates
- "Blue Button" Accesses Patient Medical Histories - Medicaid providers can now find their patient's medical histories on YourTexasBeneiftsCard.com by Accessing the new "Blue Button" functionality. Find out more.
Electronic Visit Verification Initiative Information
Welcome to the Cigna STAR+PLUS Plan
Cigna's Medicare and Medicaid business is one of the country’s largest and fastest-growing coordinated care plans whose primary focus is Medicare Advantage plans. Cigna has Medicare Advantage plans in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington DC, as well as a national stand-alone prescription drug plan. Given our long partnership with dual-eligible beneficiaries, we are very excited to offer services to our valued members by expanding into Medicaid health care across many states.
We value our relationship with all of our Providers and are committed to working with you to meet the needs of your patients, our Members. Discover the Cigna difference and learn more about our Medicaid plans.
Cigna recognizes the immeasurable contribution that you, as a Provider, make to the STAR+PLUS program. To ensure you have access to all of the resources and tools needed to support Cigna Members, Cigna's Provider Services team is available. Provider Services can assist you when you have questions or need to schedule an educational in-service. They also can assist you when daily operations do not go as planned and you need help resolving a problem.
- Verify eligibility, benefits, and prior authorizations on file
- Receive assistance in finding the correct departments
- Verify claims receipt or review claim status
- Process demographic changes such as PCP on file, and member or provider address changes
- Receive assistance with Cigna's public website & secure Provider Portal
We are here to serve you, and we thank you for being a part of the Cigna STAR+PLUS Network and for providing quality health care to our members.
Not Yet a Cigna STAR+PLUS Provider?
If you are not a Cigna STAR+PLUS Provider, but you are interested in joining our network, please fill out the appropriate form below. For additional information contact us by phone or e-mail at: STAR+PLUS Provider Support Team via telephone at 1 (877) 653-0331 or via email MedicaidProviderOperations@healthspring.com.
Is your office ADA compliant? Please complete the Credentialing/Provider Directory Information form.
Fax completed forms and requested documents to 1 (877) 440-7260.
Materials are also published in alternate formats (examples: large print, Braille, audio CD).
Contact ProviderRelationsCentral@healthspring.com for more information.
Credentialing Information for ALL Provider Types
Call: 1 (877) 653-0331 - Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Central Time. Calls to this number are free.
TTY: 711 - Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 Central Time. This number requires special telephone equipment and is only for people who have difficulties with hearing or speaking. Calls to this number are free.
You can contact Provider Relations by emailing: ProviderRelationsCentral@healthspring.com
Member Rights and Responsibilities
Read more about the rights afforded members and the responsibilities they have as part of the plan.
Provider Advisory Council
The purpose of the Provider Advisory Council (PAC) is to bring leaders in the provider community together with senior management of Cigna to discuss issues important to the STAR+PLUS program. The PAC meets quarterly with the leaders of your organization. Together, we can:
- Understand how managed care impacts provider business operations – and ways that Cigna can ease operational burdens.
- Learn how providers – hospitals, physicians, long-term services and supports, ancillary, and pharmacy providers – can work together to improve clinical outcomes for our members and your patients.
- Develop industry-leading provider and member initiatives that measurably impact quality outcomes for Cigna members and reward providers for working together to achieve those goals.
Cigna will establish and conduct quarterly meetings with Network Providers. Membership in the Provider Advisory Council(s) must include, at a minimum, acute, community-based LTSS, and pharmacy providers. A separate Provider Advisory Council will be established in each Service Delivery Area where Cigna operates. Membership on the Council will be in staggered 2-year terms. Cigna attendees will include representation from Provider Relations, Health Services, and Service Coordination.
To become a part of the Provider Advisory Council, please contact Provider Relations Central at: ProviderRelationsCentral@healthspring.com